Monday 27 February 2012


Let’s get it started


You know how in the movies, when the main character is a completely unknown musician, artist or deejay, struggling to make it big, he or she always becomes successful and famous in the end, or at least plays a breakthrough gig, or signs an important contract or something? Well, in real life it almost never happens. In real life you may start nowhere, work hard and in the end be back to where you started. And yet, as most people with passion would tell you (be it a passion for music, art or films), you just can’t stop trying, believing and hoping that one day you’ll get there.

My name is Said a.k.a. FunkyPeanut (that’s my deejay name), I’m 30 years old and I’ve been deejaying for the last four years. I’ve played in Oslo, Munich, Prague, Dublin, Aix-en-Provence and New York. But until now I’ve been following my passion more as a side project, while working a day job which I’m good at but which brought me none of the satisfaction that music brought me. So I decided to stop wasting my life on things I don’t enjoy and dedicate myself to music. I gave up my well-paying  job and from now will dedicate my life to writing and recording music, playing gigs all around Europe (and beyond), and working as waiter or shop assistant to make a living. This blog is meant to serve as a journal of my travels and adventures. Here I will  post everything, from photographs and stories to my new tracks and videos of my gigs. The list of places and dates of my next sets will be also posted here.

I know this road is not going to be easy, but sometimes challenges are needed to keep us pushing head. I invite you to take this journey with me and let’s see where it takes us!

1 comment: